For both gym and home use, treadmills are among the most popular types of cardio fitness equipment.
All that said, it can be a challenge to find out the right treadmill. There are a lot of great options to consider and a lot of features.
To make the process easier we have put together this guide that highlights today’s best treadmills in the market. Our aim is to help you find the treadmill that fits your lifestyle, budget and goals.
Benefits of Having a Treadmill at Home
- Much more cost-effective than a gym visit.
- Helps you and your family stay healthy and fit.
- Offers comfort, as you can work out at any time.
- A single machine can benefit the whole family.
- A treadmill is the easiest piece of work-out equipment to use
- Treadmills can help you burn calories faster than most other in-house exercise machines like cross trainers or motorbikes.
- Walking or running on a treadmill can also help maintain and improve your cardiovascular health overall.
- Treadmills help tone muscles in your legs
- People of whatever age may use a treadmill
10 Best Treadmills for Home Use in India
|Best of Treadmills
|Treadmill Model Name
|Powermax Motorized Fitness Treadmill
|Durafit Motorized Foldable Treadmill
|FITKIT FT200 Motorized Tread Mill
|Healthgenie Foldable Motorized Treadmill
|MAXPRO PTM405 Folding Treadmill
|Cockatoo CTM-05 Motorised Treadmill
|Lifeline 4 in 1 Deluxe Manual Treadmill
|Powermax Fitness TDM-98 Foldable Motorized Treadmill
|WELCARE WC2266 Motorized Folding Treadmill
|Fitkit FT097 Steel Motorized Treadmill
Top Treadmill Brand Reviews in India
The Powermax treadmill is a great piece of fitness equipment that provides you with a great set of features to give you a varied and challenging workout. With its powerful engine which produces low noise that does not disturb neighbours.
You no longer worry about that hectic job with semi-auto lubrication. This functionality makes maintenance work simple, clean and easy. As the best treadmill in India, it can be said.
It has 15 auto incline levels along with a powerful 2.0 HP engine that makes you challenge yourself in several ways to boost your cardiovascular performance.as an extra feature is the heart rate sensor that allows you to monitor your heartbeat.
There are a number of other good features including auto incline, auto lubrication, LCD, speakers, dual shock absorber, foldable.
- Has a Hydraulic Soft-drop System(HSS) folding that allows you to unfold the machine with a simple kick. The HSS also supports treadmill weight while lifting or lowering.
- Semi-car Motorized Treadmill Lubrication minimizes maintenance efforts.
- 12 different console programs with a large 5-inch wide control panel feature a rich blue LCD screen that can display Time, Speed, Distance, Calories and Pulse Rate as well.
- Also includes a Body Mass Index ( BMI) and a heart rate sensor via a grip pulse sensor on the handle.
- The automatic inclination from 0 to 15 per cent with 15 different inclination options.
- Inbuilt Aux-compatible speakers for people who like to listen to music while working out.
- ComfortTech 6-Point Commercial Grade Damping System and Dual shock spring absorption that works to reduce stress on the knees for better.
- Pre-installed 90 per cent. After a simple setup, ready to use.
- Has a range of speed from 0.8 km/h to 14 km/h
Durafit Heavy 2.5 HP is one of India’s best home-use treadmills from among India’s best treadmill brands. This treadmill comes from Durafit which specializes in equipment for home use with unique designs and rich features.
It has a good rating in India and comes with a powerful 5.0 Hp motor at the peak, an enormous weight capacity of 120 Kg and a speed range of 16km/hr suitable for intense running. So, it’s the best-motorized home use treadmill.
The treadmill can handle a person’s weight up to 100 kg and above with ease. Robust, stable and strong Durafit weighs at 71 kg ensuring it’s very safe. With this feature, it is suitable for all groups of people from the older to the young.
As well as being heavier than other treadmills, it’s also foldable. It also has quality speakers which allow you to enjoy the good sound experience while running on the treadmill.
- A vertical hydraulic folding system which makes folding and storing of the device easier.
- Hand-Rail Controls and Bluetooth enabled with the Android and iOS-enabled FitShow Mobile app. Direct control of the machine via your phone.
- Has an emergency stop button in the centre of the Dashboard of the treadmill.
- Has target modes that can be set and chased with regard to speed, calories, distance or time.
- 100 per cent Silicone Oil and Gel Cushion Dura Spring Technology provides additional shock absorption layers. Comes with the packaging in a spray can cost-free.
- Comes with a free Aux cable for connecting your phone or iPod or any other music player during the workouts
- Automatic tilt feature up to 16 auto tilting levels
- Speed ranges from 1 km/h to 16 km/h
The Fitkit FT200 treadmill is from the brand Fitkit which is India’s top treadmill brand. Their mission is to streamline your efforts at fitness. The Fitkit FT200 is one of Fitbit’s best products so far.
It is a fully automatic value for money treadmill and is India’s best-selling home-use treadmill. And in 2019 it was also the treadmill that was most loved and bought on TrendToFit. If you buy online this treadmill can be purchased in India under 30000.
You might not find any other home use treadmill with auto incline in India and that specification fits right into your budget of 30K. The Fitkit FT200 series has 12 programs for working out. Its main features include a mechanism for auto lubrication which is good for maintenance.
This is also one of India’s most powerful treadmills, with a 2.25 hp regular power engine and a 4.5 hp peak power. Maximum capacity of user weight-110 Kg. Velocity is between 1 and 16 km/h.
- With its Hydraulic Drop-Down system, it is easily foldable and unfoldable and thus saves a lot of space.
- The base has wheels which make transportation and movement easy
- Comes with a large LCD display showing burned calories, time, velocity, heart rate, preset programs, modes, etc.
- Has an Aux port and comes with the same cable. Can plug it in or use the MP3 speakers which are inside the machine.
- The handlebar comes with sensors for heart rates.
- Has an iOS and Android FIT PLUS app through which you can track your daily workout and also connect to your device and any fitness tracker.
- Has 12 predetermined workout programs to choose from and have a custom routine.
- Speed ranges from basic 1 km/h to approximately 16 km/h.
Healthgenie 3911 M is a lightweight, foldable motorized treadmill for home use and fitness enthusiasts. It is one of India’s Best Treadmills which is of good quality and delivers excellent results.
It’s LED display displays speed, distance, calories burnt, time and heart rate. It has a powerful noiseless motor and a holder for IPAD & Mobile / Tablet to keep your device safe during a workout. Using a proper stabiliser with a treadmill is also suggested.
This motorized running treadmill has a 1.0 HP engine. The size of the LED display is 3 This is a smaller size than some other treadmills, but you can still see it big enough. In a treadmill you need not have a very large display size. Indeed, it can often distract you from doing work out.
Capacity weight is 100 kg. The range of velocities is between 0.8 and 10 km per hour. There are also speakers you can use to listen to the music. There are portable wheels at the bottom which make this treadmill easy to transport. There is also a security key you can pull if you want to switch off the treadmill at any time.
- The maximum speed to run is about 10 km / h, and the minimum is 0.8 km/h.
- LED display burnt with time, velocity, distance, heart rate and calories.
- Handles have pulse sensors which also give you an idea of your pulse
- Has MP3 speakers as well as Aux support to listen to music through the built-in speakers via Aux cable and port
- Noise-free transport wheels at the base.
- Has emergency pull functions to stop
- Foldable easily, and can be stored. Has wheels, so you can move it from place to place.
The Maxpro treadmill is powered by a quiet 2HP DC motor with a peak output of 4HP, the manual incline of 3 levels and speed range of 1 to 14 km/hour. There’s a 5 “blue LCD monitor showing the time you’ve spent on the treadmill, speed, kilometre-covered distance and calories burned.
Speakers with USB port support are on the Dashboard. There are also 2 Dashboard holders on either side to keep your mobile or tablet.
It comes with a multi-layered running belt that reduces the stress on your joints while walking or running and prevents injury. The pulse hold by the hand helps you target heart rate zones for effective workouts.
- Has a 5-inch widescreen showing different hand pulse readings, speed, time, distance, and calories burned.
- Can pump to a maximum speed between 1 km/hr and 14 km/hr. With the Quick Buttons, speed can be easily changed.
- Thanks to its built-in thumb sensors, the handheld pulse metal on the handlebar will target your heart rate zone during the entire workout.
- Has 12 pre-set programs, and programming from H1 to H3.
- Phone and tablet holder in the middle to place your machines on the treadmill when you are running or jogging or walking.
- The hydraulic soft drop system makes it easy to fold and store. The pedals come fast to bear.
- The running belt is multi-layered and therefore reduces the chance of sudden shocks while running.
- Sudden stop plugs, music compatibility with Aux and much more diverse features.
It is not a tough job to pick up a perfect multi-function treadmill model for regular exercise now. Cockatoo introduced its CTM-05 Steel 2 HP Peak Motorized Multi-Function Treadmill loaded with advanced features and technologies. This equipment makes it so comfortable to walk and run that you can start enjoying your work out.
Its 5ich LED display screen shows all the essential facts and conditions of health, such as time, track speed, calories burned, total covered distance, fat measurement figures, pulse rate and incline level. With powerful 2 HP Peak motors, this CTM-05 Steel model provides its users with great prolonged service, especially for the professional runners.
This easy-to-install running machine is designed with USB and AUX port to provide users with music play facility. It has a running speed range of 0.8 km – 10 km / hr and a surface belt of 1.4 mm thick which provides the full support for an accident-free running experience on this treadmill.
- Comes with a 5-inch large screen displaying the burned speed, time, distance, fat, pulse and calories
- The handlebar has an impulse sensor to check the pulse of the heart.
- Has velocity between 0.8 km/h – 10 km/h
- Has both an Aux input and an MP3 player
- Foldable and easy to move.
- It has a dashboard emergency stop button at the centre.
With its dynamic features, the treadmill offers you great performance. It has wheels at its bottom which make it easy to carry. It comes with an electronic meter-monitor that is user-friendly Dashboard.
The treadmill has a big and durability jogging surface that ensures that you can push your leg comfortably without thinking about the space shortage. It also dons a twister that aids in relaxed toning of the back, legs and thighs.
The treadmill stepper is ideal for optimizing heart and circulatory control. The product comes with a user manual which will help you to easily install the treadmill.
- The electronic meter tests the burned velocity, distance and calories when you are working out.
- This ultra-modern Treadmill comes with a well-balanced twister helping to shed fat from thighs, waist, belly, and hips.
- Thick and strong metal rods to pound heavily
- The wheels aid in easily moving the machine.
- The pulse control device by the hand controls the pulse rate. When you turn off the treadmill you can test your heart rate immediately
- The wider surface of jogging and the extra space allow easy movement of the legs.
The PowerMax TDM-98 model is motorized by a powerful 1.75HP (3.5HP peak) motor that ensures the model’s high-end delivery performance and longevity. It comes with 12 preloaded fitness programs for more challenging workouts.
The machine also has a 5.5-inch LED display screen that displays all the vital information such as speed, incline, pulse rate, burned calories, time, covered distance, and more.
A grip pulse sensor is available that allows you to control your heart rate by putting it on your palm. This model’s built-in speakers support all external USB devices such as pen drive and AUX port to play mind refreshing music during your workout time.
The overall weight limit for this TDM-98 treadmill is 90 kg and has a variable speed range of 1 to 10 km / h. The wide running track of 43.3inch (L) x 15.75inch (W) is specially designed to provide the users with a capable running area.
- It has 1.5 hp continuous green, efficient DC motor which can run 45 minutes continuously.
- It comes with an LED display and 12 programs which are pre-set. The display shows the level of velocity, calories, time, distance and incline.
- The product has 3 years of motor warranty and one-year parts and labour warranty which makes the product used for a long period of time.
- It provides a heart rate sensor that allows you to monitor heart rate and helps keep your target zone within it.
- It comes with built-in speakers of good quality, iPhone Audio and MP3 connections.
- The maximum user weight is 90 kg.
WELCARE WC2266 4 Hp Peak DC Motorized Folding Treadmill is the most robust exercise equipment with numerous advanced features and functionalities for its users.
The model is powered by a powerful DC Motor with 2HP (4HP peak), which delivers high-end performance beyond imagination and makes the model really durable.
This running equipment is designed for people with bodyweight of 100 kg which is a standard figure for all members of the family. It is combined with speed measurement choices of 0.8 -16 km / h and 12 preset programs that can be a useful tool for enhancing your cardiovascular fitness.
The model can easily control and track your heart rate during the workout session, using its built-in thumb sensors. It also includes 3-level manual incline options specially designed for intense home workout.
- It comes with a Blue Backlight LCD display that shows time, velocity, distance, calories, tilt and pulse.
- A user’s maximal user-weight capacity is 90 kg.
- Its speed is 0.8-12 Km / Hr.
- It has 1.5HP Continuous Duty DC motor which is sufficient to weigh up to 100 kg for users.
- It comes with a manual incline of 3 levels for an intense workout.
- The heart rate sensor keeps track of your heart rate.
Fitkit FT097 is a Foldable Motorized Running Treadmill that combines good looks and functionality. This is suitable for use at home, and is easy to store. As it is fitted with sturdy steel frames it ensures longevity and strength.
The Treadmills has a pulse-rate monitor that holds the heart rate target. The surface provides plenty of space for all forms of users to walk or run. It lets you stay focused on the road.
- The product offers one year warranty for the manufacture of motors and parts.
- It comes with a transport frame, mp3 speaker, folding pull-pin mechanism, AUX and USB input.
- It has a powerful green 1HP DC motor & manual lubrication system.
- The LED display shows the monitoring distance, calories burned, time, speed & heart rate.
- It has a maximum user capacity of 90 Kg and an 1100 mm x350 mm running surface.
- The treadmill speed range is 1 to 12 Km/h with heart rate sensors on the handle.
Top Treadmill Brands of India
I list here top 10 best Indian treadmill brands. They are chosen for their popularity, their sales and their customer rating.
Fitkit is a very popular brand of fitness that excels in the production of fitness equipment and gears including treadmills. I put the Fitkit brand on No. 1 because it designed and produced a very excellent and best-selling Fitkit FT200 Series treadmill (listed on No. 1 in this article under Section 11 of India’s best treadmills for home use). The Fitkit FT200 series represents India’s best treadmill. In addition, Fitkit has produced many other treadmills that have good customer rating and sales.
Powermax is India’s next best brand in treadmills. The Powermax treadmills USP is they have the most powerful motors and impressive is their supported weight capacity as well. One of the most liked brands of treadmills- Powermax also offers good customer service.
It is an Indian brand which was founded in 2014. Healthgenie’s treadmills are affordable, and they work smoothly and effectively.
Durafit produces heavily built treadmills with a robust design. Durafit’s treadmills are a durable and excellent choice for both family and home use.
Cosco is a marque of sports equipment based in India. This is a very popular brand that users across India trust in. But designing treadmills isn’t as popular as it is in sports gears.
Welcare is a mark producing fitness equipment of good quality. It has provided excellent features to some treadmills-a good choice for runners.
The Cockatoo treadmills have mixed user reviews. Some found this brand to be very good while complaining about its bad customer service policy and return.
Afton produces motorized treadmills with a wealth of features such as auto tilt, auto lubrication and affordable prices.
How to Choose Best Treadmill
Some of the most important characteristics are the mark. It’s not always necessary to have the most popular ones come with all the features you need. Therefore, earlier in the article we talked about the best treadmill brands in India it is important for you to invest in the right kind of brand, so you can choose the best for you.
Look at the history of the manufacturer since how long the company produced treadmills, check the market value of the company and also what the reviews are.
India’s best treadmill brands sell a 3 to 5 year warranty. So even after the product has been purchased the customer will be satisfied. Most Indian treadmills brands sell 3-year motor and 1-year parts warranty.
Deck size / Running area
As you’re not looking for a crowded treadmill. For this reason it is always preferable to have a large running area.
The running deck is the area you run on your treadmill in. It has a belt on each end and a roller on it. It ‘s critical that you have enough room in the running table.
Make sure it is at least 20 x 60 inches (minimum requisite area).
Another critical factor to consider when buying the ideal Indian treadmill is its price.
Choose the treadmill that fits your budget. A good treadmill can range between 25,000 and 1,00,000.
Also, consider other features such as running deck have shock absorption in addition to the size. It reduces the impact on your legs, knees and joints.
Go for a treadmill with the slightest amount of noise, so you can work out in silence or watch TV or listen to music.
Manual Incline or Auto Incline
Look for treadmills that either have the auto incline feature that automatically detects your speed and tilts to the ground for a better workout, or have the treadmill tilt manually.
An automatic tilt treadmill is expensive than the manual treadmills.
When it comes to placing your treadmill in your room, check the size.
Number of people who use it:
If the treadmill is used by many people then go for a more robust treadmill.
Consider also the reason that you want for walking or running the treadmill. If you want to run a lot on the treadmill then buy India’s best treadmill with a long-lasting belt.
Tracking (pulse, heart rate, calories, BMI)
When purchasing the treadmill, a must feature is – its ability to monitor different body related items. It should be able to monitor your progress and the calories burned along with your heart rate, and provide accurate data.
Durability is a critical problem. You want a treadmill which will last for as long as possible. One way to evaluate the treadmill ‘s durability is through the mark. A strong brand has a better chance of being enduring.
Another way is with the treadmill material. The frame is to be made of metal. The stronger the object, the longer it endures.
You’ll get great customer service if you purchase from a stronger and well-known brand like Powermax, Fitkit and Duralift.
Electronic or Manual
Select either manual or Electronic treadmill according to your requirement and level of use.
It’s an essential feature treadmill should have. Firstly, make sure you use the treadmill safely? If you’re not sure, check with a physician before using.
Second, check the safety key near to the control panel. A safety key is a plug you can pull to automatically stop the treadmill on emergency.
Max weight capacity
The sponsored weight is the weight to be borne by treadmills. That’s why to make a decision, you need to know how much weight a treadmill can take.
In case you are overweight or need a treadmill then buy India’s best treadmill, the Durafit Motorized Foldable Treadmill, Semi-Auto Lubrication, Motorized Treadmill for Intense Workout Sessions with 15-level Auto Inclination.
Pre-built programs and pre-sets
Treadmills also come with preset programs to make it easier for you to lose weight. Many services you can choose from.
It is an essential feature to check before you buy the product for yourself. The general speed range lies between 14 km/h and 20 km/h. For people looking to lose weight faster a faster speed treadmill.
The display displays all the parameters and specifications you need to know while you are exercising.
Look for a treadmill that will save on both your calories and your budget. Look at a treadmill’s power consumption to ensure the treadmill’s motor uses less fuel.
Treadmill moving parts require maintenance. Special care is needed on the running field. It needs lubricating enough for an effective workout. Some treadmills come with regular automatic lubrication, and some with manual lubrication.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs)
Do Treadmills have AC or DC motors?
Depending on usage, treadmills can have an AC motor or a DC motor. Most home-use treadmills should have DC motors because they’re cheaper. By comparison, the majority of commercial or semi-commercial treadmills would have AC motors. AC motors are more powerful because they can be worked without rest for longer periods of time. Also, compared to AC motors, DC motors are slightly noisy.
Is Treadmill in Miles or Kilometres?
It is up to the country in which the treadmill is sold. For instance, the USA uses the imperial system, and the treadmills would show the distance in miles there. But for Indian treadmills, they show distance in Kilometres
The treadmills in India, where we use the metric system, show the speed in Kilometers.
Can I use treadmill after dinner?
After any meal, the treadmill is more of a personal choice than a scientific guideline. Most people feel better before jogging when they have a meal than other others. You should try all of them, and see how you feel.
If the meal is hampering your workout in any way (you feel heavy or other symptoms), then you should avoid it. If you do not feel excited about jogging after dinner, the food may not have had enough time to digest. Increase the gap between dinner and run, and you ought to be good.
How far from the wall does the treadmill stand?
It’s natural for him to shift a few inches when using a treadmill, particularly if you’re jogging. That is why there is more than enough 1 foot space on the front and sides. Nonetheless, in case of a treadmill crash the back will be as far away from the wall as possible to prevent injury.
Does treadmill have an effect on your height?
No. There is no scientific evidence that treadmilling will affect your height.
Do you need a treadmill stabiliser?
Using a stabilizer with a treadmill is not necessary since the motors can handle minor fluctuations on their own.
If you live in an area with frequent power fluctuations, however, then you should definitely use your treadmill with a stabilizer.
Is everyday using treadmill is bad?
No, every day running or walking or treadmill is absolutely not bad. Indeed it will affect your wellbeing positively in several ways. If you don’t use the correct treadmill, however, or use the treadmill in the right way, you may run into some problems. Our above comparison of treadmills should serve as a good guide on which treadmill is best for you.
This list was made after deep market research. If you have any double in buying a treadmill, then let us know in comments. Otherwise, these 10 treadmills are best and you may choose any of them for your home.