In almost every kitchen, a refrigerator has become a common device. It serves a variety of purposes and isn’t just for keeping things cold. They’re perfect for storing fresh fruits and vegetables, foods, and other perishable products that would spoil quickly if not kept cool and dry.
Purchasing a refrigerator is not always straightforward, and some are overpriced. Not everybody requires high-tech refrigerators; some prefer simplistic models that perform the essential functions while still adding a touch of style to the home. As a result, we’ve prepared a thorough analysis.
But nowadays, numerous models have run over the market with a multitude of features, arrangements, and settings. It is hard to keep track if one does not follow the recent trends religiously. I will be discussing the 10 best refrigerators (Single Door) you can get from the market if your budget is below ₹15000.
Our Top Picks
List of Best Single Door Fridge under Rs. 15,000
Just like for any any electronic device and electrical appliance, the price of a refrigerator varies widely depending on the features and add-on being given by the company.
Price depends mainly on refrigerator capacity, number of compartments, star rating, automatic modes and user controllable parameters. The more you invest,the more features can be added to the kitty. However, if you are on a budget, its important to assess your specific requirements and spend only on those features that you need and use frequently.
Quite a number of handy models of refrigerators that you can grab in under ₹15000. Let us check some of these out, along with full specifications and why you should get them, or not.
1. Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Energy efficiency ranking of 3 stars.
- It has a 190-litre volume.
- There are two dedicated door cabinets.
- Large storage area for vegetables.
- Defrosting is done manually.
- Color options abound.”]
The Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star refrigerator is built with revolutionary features and is the best single door fridge available under 15000. A separate bar handle on the top freezer refrigerator makes it more convenient to use. It has a storage capacity of 190 liters for all forms of food. An inbuilt voltage stabilizer regulates voltage fluctuations.
Since the shelves are made of hard glass, heavy utensils can be conveniently put in the fridge. It has excellent cooling capabilities, making it ideal for making frozen deserts. It’s also a three-star product.
Whirlpool offers a 5-year compressor warranty as well as a 1-year appliance warranty. For better visibility, it has a transparent light bulb.
2. LG 190 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Single-door Direct-Cool refrigerator
- A 190-litre capacity makes it suitable for small families of up to three people.
- BEE 4-star ranking
- Compressor with Smart Inverter
- Suitable for small families”]
LG refrigerators have a reputation for being energy efficient, long-lasting, and cost-effective. These achievements can be attributed to the smart inverter compressor. These inverter compressors are designed to outperform the competition. They are not only quiet, but they also save money and do not need the use of a stabilizer.
Over the vegetable crisper, the LG refrigerator has a special lattice-style box cover. This cover retains the moisture in your vegetables and fruits at optimal levels, ensuring that they stay fresh for longer.
This refrigerator is fast at making ice cubes, taking just 108 minutes to do so. The anti-bacterial gasket is a great feature that keeps your food fresh and clean.
3. Haier 195 L 4 Star Direct-Cool Single-Door Refrigerator
- Capacity of the refrigerator is 195L.
- Its weight is 35kg and dimensions are 121.8cm x 53cm x 62.8cm.
- It comes with a warranty of 1 year on the product and 10 years on the compressor.
- Shelves are made with toughened glass.
- Freezer capacity is 19L.
- Installation is free-standing type.”]
A five-star energy classification, the Haier HRD1955CKGE has a smart, energy-efficient inverter compressor that reduces noise and adjusts the operation of the best cooler to less than 15000. In case of a power failure it can also work in the home inverter.
A fridge with a capacity of 195 litres is the best refrigerator for less than 15000, so you can make a great saving by purchasing it. Although this cooler looks amazing, it’s a performer’s powerhouse in terms of efficiency. Therefore, the 4-star BEE rating demonstrates that it is an energy-saving device.
Stabilizer-free operations make sure that changes in voltage are no longer a problem. The input voltage of this device can be as low as 135V.
4. Samsung 192 L 2 Star Direct-Cool Single-door Refrigerator
- It has a standard 192 L capacity.
- Warranty given is 1 year on product and 10 years on compressor.
- Direct cool defrosting technology is provided.
- It has 2 refrigerator shelves, a freezer shelf, a chiller shelf and a vegetable box.
- Shelf is of toughened glass.
- Refrigerator fresh food capacity is 167L, and freezer capacity is 25L.”]
When it comes to electronics and home appliances such as refrigerators, cell phones, televisions, and laptops, Samsung is a household name. The Samsung refrigerator is a stainless steel single door refrigerator with a silver finish.
With its advanced digital inverter compressor, which ensures precise cooling changes, this model is designed to last. Because of the secure, clean back that acts as a shield, the critical components are still covered against bumps and shocks.
For long-term efficiency, the refrigerator model saves energy, reduces noise, and reduces wear and tear. The glass racks can carry up to 150 kilogrammes in a safe way
5. Samsung 192 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Single-door refrigerator with direct cooling
- It has a capacity of 192 litres, which is sufficient for small families.
- Inverter Compressor
- 4-star BEE ranting
- Advanced Cooling Technology”]
Samsung offers a new grand door concept that makes it more appealing to the Indian manufacturer. This refrigerator is ranked top with the digital inverter technology in energy savings, noise production and longevity. Depending on the cooling demand, the compressor changes its rpm.
The architecture of the grand door improves the appearance of the device to a whole new level. Your kitchen looks sleek and elegant with the display stolen by a cooler. The chrome-bar handle adds to the appeal quotient and increases the comfort factor.
This refrigerator is one of the safest models with one-door access since it comes with a clean rear cover to avoid damage to fragile components such as wires and condenser tubes.
6. Godrej 190 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Single-door direct cool fridge.
- 190 litres of storage space, ideal for small families.
- The power rating of 5 stars.
- Equipped with Inverter compressor.
- Fast cooling technology
- Most extensive dry storage feature”]
One of the first brands on the market to hit Godrej refrigerators. Godrej’s name reflects the highest level of reliability. This model has unique features that qualify for the Rs 15,000 price range as an ideal refrigerator.
Godrej is an Indian pure producer who adheres proudly to the Indian government’s Make-in-India initiative. This refrigerator is one of India’s most environmentally friendly models.
One of the only direct cooling models to deliver a uniform cooling across the appliance is this Godrej refrigerator. This element is responsible for this 5-star BEE cooling pocket.
You can remove a few racks or change their height to build additional storage if needed. This device has one of the best warehouses on the door for big 2L bottles.
7. Whirlpool 190 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Single-door Direct-Cool refrigerator.
- Capacity is of 190 litres
- It’s suitable for small families.
- BEE ranking of four stars.
- Intellisense Inverter Compressor.
- Comes with a Quick Chill Zone with stackable ice trays”]
Another exciting refrigerator brand with a strong following in India is Whirlpool. Whirlpool refrigerators use Intellisense Inverter technology, which saves energy when running quietly.
Whirlpool refrigerators use advanced insulated capillary technology to maintain cooling for up to nine hours. As a consequence, it is one of the safest refrigerators to have in case of a power loss.
The Whirlpool refrigerator has a 4-star energy ranking, which means you’ll save money on your energy bills. The technology of Intellisense Inverter adapts to the cooling requirements and accordingly alters the compressor speed. Furthermore, during operation the inverter compressor does not noise.
8. LG 215 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Refrigerator with direct cooling.
215 litres of power.
Energy performance ranking of four stars.
Compressor with Smart Inverter.
Smart Connect is a handy tool.
Moist-n-Fresh lattice-patterned box cover.”]
LG introduces a new line of refrigerators with smart inverter compressors and other features that improve the durability, performance, and cost-effectiveness of your appliance.
The smart inverter compressor provides unrivalled efficiency, including quiet operation and significant cost savings. It ensures that the duties of a voltage stabiliser are fulfilled.
All new LG refrigerators come with Smart Connect technology, which helps you to connect the fridge to your home inverter network in the event of a power outage. As a result, you’ll have continuous power to keep your food fresh and avoid spoilage.
9. Samsung 230 L 3 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Refrigerator with cost-effective cooling
- Ideal for couples and singles, with a volume of 230 litres.
- Energy performance ranking of three stars
- Compressor with digital inverter
- Toughened glass shelves that are spill-proof
- The compressor has a ten-year warranty.”]
Samsung 230 L 3 Star is a direct cool, single-door refrigerator with an energy-efficient inverter compressor that comes in an Elegant Inox colour. Thanks to its quiet service, you won’t be disturbed by the refrigerator’s operation.
The Samsung 230 L has a 212-liter storage capacity. This is something you won’t usually find in a refrigerator at such a low price, making it a fantastic deal.
The toughened glass shelf style in the Samsung 230 L is sturdy enough to hold heavier food products. A single ice box and no egg trays are included in the refrigerator. You may get the refrigerator parts from a Samsung Service Center or the local spare parts store, such as the fridge handle. No, the fridge is a ready-to-use, install-free appliance.
10. Haier 195 L 3 Star Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- It has a capacity of 170 Liters, is a one-door direct cool fridge
- It is equipped with a 3 star energy rating.
- It ensures free stability with a voltage range of 135-290 volts
- The anti-hungarian basket prevents bacteria and fungi from entering and developing
- Comes with a cabinet made of leather that is roughly durable”]
The Haier 145 L is an excellent option for those looking for a high-efficiency refrigerator for less than 15000 INR. The direct cool refrigerator’s effective cooling helps you to store fruits and vegetables for several days without losing their freshness.
The Haier’s Icing technology is one of its most notable features. The feature helps the freezer to reach a freezing temperature of -50C in just 60 minutes, which is ideal for quickly freezing your favourite foods.
Haier refrigerator has a 3-star energy efficiency rating, ensuring energy savings as well as efficient refrigerating performance.
Another Bestsellers List for Refrigerators under 15000
How To Choose a Refrigerator?
Needless to say, a person staying alone has no need for a large capacity refrigerator with multiple compartments. Nor will a family of four be able to make do with a single-door, 100L refrigerator. Thus, one must take care that the refrigerator they are going to buy is neither over-endowed with features nor under-fitted for your needs.
It is for this reason that one needs to be well-informed about one’s choices before making a purchase. There are umpteen options in terms of door style, freezer location, compartment size and number and a slew of “smart” features.
Some of the most popular features doing the rounds are:
Location of the freezer
- Top Freezer – As the name suggests, the freezer is present on top, which helps in better cooling. It is easy on the pocket and one of the most common models in Indian households.
- Bottom Freezer – The freezer is usually in drawer form at the bottom. This makes it easier to access both the more frequently used, refrigerated eatables and the frozen food items. This puts it slightly on the costlier side.
- Freezer-less – The main purpose of these is to save money and space, or for custom-fitted separate refrigerators and freezers. They are often opted for by those who stay away from frozen foods.
Style of Door
- Single Door – It is most popular in small, economical families. The freezer, chiller, and refrigerator are all fitted in a single compartment. Cooling is thus slower as door gets opened several times.
- Classic Double Door – This is the most popular up-gradation from single door refrigerators in middle-class families. The chiller and freezer are fitted in one apartment and the refrigerator in another.
- French Style Door – Their popularity is on the rise due to lower power consumption, easy access to all parts of the fridge without unnecessary heating up, and highly adjustable, compartmentalized interiors. The middle split design ensures lower swing space. Freezers are usually at the bottom.
- Side by Side – They too have a split design, not unlike the French style doors. The biggest difference is that the freezer and the fridge are placed adjacently, thus eliminating the need to bend over.
- Four-Door – This type of refrigerator is getting especially popular these days due to their flexibility of compartment functionality. The fridge is divided into four parts, the split is in a plus shape, and each compartment has its own temperature control to specify whether it must be used as a crisper, plane refrigerator, chiller or freezer.
Additional features include ice and water dispensers, door-in-door feature, reversible hinge doors, etc.
- Domestic – They are made keeping in mind the general needs of families. They usually include a freezer, a chiller, and a fridge.
- Commercial – These the ones we see in shops, used to store soft drinks, cold water, and foods like milkshakes, yogurts, etc.
- Mini – Once upon a time, the niche market for these were hostel residents. But nowadays, single renters and snack bars also utilize these due to compact size and constant temperature.
- Wine – These are mostly accessory refrigerators kept at mini-bars for wine connoisseurs.
- Free-standing – Most homes have free-standing fridges that are bought and installed directly.
- Built-in – They are present in modular kitchens, custom-fitted around shelves and counters to prevent dangling corners and edges.
- Counter-depth – They are essentially free-standing, and lower in width to fit in the same line as standard size counter-tops.
- Top-ups – Extra accessory features are compartment-wise temperature control, child lock, adjustable shelves, Keurig K-cup brewer, intelligent mode, wheels, and door alarm.
Buyers have quite a lot of great quality and viable options in the market when looking for the best single door refrigerators under 15000 Rupees. These refrigerators are best for small households, single renters and hostel residents, who do not want to expend too much but still want value for their money.
These refrigerators take up less space than voluminous fancy fridges, and can thus fit easily in the corner of the kitchen or dining space.
They are also the best in this market niche, being manufactured by renowned companies. Prospective customers, although should do their research on exactly what kind of refrigerator they need, can trust any of these models to deliver what they are looking for.