Iron box is one of the most useful and important appliances for everyday use in our household. If you are looking for the best dry iron box in India, then this page is for you. This one gadget is used pretty much to keep your clothes in the proper crease as well as to give them proper maintenance.
In other words, we can say you get a crisp and neat wardrobe from this effective appliance. So, welcome to the blog, where we covered the heavyweight/lightweight dry clothes iron reviews and features in India. You may also check Best Steam Irons if you are interested in them.
You may think it’s quick and convenient to buy an iron; however, it’s not that convenient; there are over a thousand dry-iron versions on the market right now that come from various brands/manufacturers. That, in effect, makes finding the right option and purchasing it, a difficult task.
Based on all these parameters, some of the best clothes irons you can buy in India now are as below.
Best Dry Iron Box in India
|Best Selling Dry Iron||Power||Warranty||Buy Button|
|Philips Golden American Heritage Iron||1000 Watts||2 Years|
|Bajaj Majesty DX 7 Dry Iron||1000 Watts||2 Years|
|Orient Electric Fabrijoy Dry Iron||1000 Watts||2 Years|
|Morphy Richards Desira Dry Iron||1000 Watts||2 Years|
|Usha Lightweight Dry Iron||1000 Watts||1 Year|
|Crompton Greaves PD Plus Iron||1000 Watts||2 Years|
|Havells Era Dry Iron||1000 Watts||2 Years|
|Orpat Dry Iron||1200 Watts||2 Years|
|Usha EI 3302 Gold Dry Iron||1100 Watts||2 Years|
|Panasonic Heavy Weight Dry Iron Box||1000 Watts||1 Year|
Best Dry Iron Box Reviews
1. Philips HI114 1000 Watt Golden American Heritage Soleplate Iron
The Philips HI114 is probably the best selling dry iron in india in India with high rating. It is easy to use as well as easy on the pocket, plus the brand name gives it high like-ability among Indian buyers.
This one will be a great choice if you are looking to have an affordable and modern iron box. Get better quality and experience with this very efficient Philips Dry iron. It is a very lightweight high-performance iron box and is ideal for all your daily press needs.
This Philips dry iron comes with the Groove-Button feature which enables you to reach the challenging area of your garments and makes ironing around the buttons and seams easier. The Golden American Heritage Soleplate makes all kinds of materials easy to move.
- It is lightweight and has an aerodynamic design which makes it easy to manoeuvre.
- It has a smart, easy-to-operate temperature control system.
- It has a non-stick coated soleplate.
- It has a fast heating time and even temperature distribution.
- It consumes only 1000 watt power.
- It has an intelligent temperature-ready indicator light that turns off when the required temperature is reached.
- There is a 2 year warranty on the product.
2. Bajaj Majesty DX 7 1000 Watt Top Dry Iron
An Indian brand that everyone trusts, this dry iron looks really modern and gives a great performance. Read below features of Bajaj Majesty, the best dry iron in India this year.
This Bajaj dry iron box is one of the cost effective options with a sleek look. This is very handy, portable and lightweight, dry iron that allows you to iron quickly. They are fitted with a non-adhesive golden sunplates which prevent iron from adhering to the fabrics because of overheating. His convenient hand grip also gives you a relaxed experience of ironing.
This dry iron is fitted with additional safety and convenience indicator system. Multiple temperature settings are provided for this dry iron, in order to adapt the ironing according to the type of fabric.
- Non-stick coating on soleplate makes it totally non-stick and easy to glide.
- It has a sleek, uncomplicated design and is easy to use.
- It has a thermal fuse for users’ safety.
- It has a double light temperature indicator that makes it easy to operate.
- 360° swivel cord makes it easy to use.
- It has a low power consumption of 1000 watts.
- Two years warranty is given on the product.
3. Orient Electric Fabrijoy DIFJ10BP 1000-Watt Dry Iron
A long-lasting product from another trusted Indian brand, the Orient Fabrijoy is a value product for its price. Check out more functions of this best clothing iron underneath.
Another best choice in order to get a clean and crisp wardobe in a hassle-free way is the Orient Electric Fabrijoy DIFJ10BP dry iron box. It weighs very light, so it’s very easy to handle. The one comes with an American heritage sun plate of high quality that ensure that gliding over all fabric types is smooth and easy. And the anti-adhesive cover is resistant to adhesive from the platform.
This iron box only consumes 1000 W and quickly heats up to give you the best ironing performance. In addition, the temperature control setting vary according to the fabric type to choose the desired temperature. The user can also be informed when the required or preset iron temperature is achieved by an indicator lamp.
- It has heavy non-stick coated DuPont American heritage sole-plate.
- It is provided with 360° swivel cord and cord winder for easy usage and storage.
- There is an LED indicator and a control knob for easy temperature control.
- It is quite lightweight and easy to use.
- It boasts silver layered thermostat contacts increases longevity.
- It has a low power consumption of 1000 watts and C-type heating element for even heat distribution.
- 2 years warranty on product.
4. Morphy Richards Desira 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This is a high-end iron from an international brand with worldwide acclaim. It is especially popular for delicate fabrics. Find more specifications of Morphy Richards best dry iron here.
This Morphy Richards dry iron box is a perfect combination of every feature of a trusted brand, including durability, confidence, versatility and convenience. This lightweight iron performs greatly and efficiently removes the stitch of all your textiles.
It comes with an easy to clean non-adhesive coated platter that allows for a smooth gliding impact over all manner of products. The iron box also has a power indicator that indicates when power is activated.
- Adjustable thermostatic control gives easy temperature control.
- It has DuPont teflon classic non-stick coated soleplate.
- It boasts of the biggest dry iron soleplate in the market, with a surface area of 18460 square millimetre.
- It has an easy-to-read neon temperature indicator.
- 360° swivel cord ensures easy moveability.
- Power consumption is low at 1000 watts.
- 2 years warranty is provided on the product.
5. Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Best Dry Iron
An Indian brand that the older generation swears by for its sturdy electrical products, this iron has a retro design that gives it a old world charm.
The Usha EI 1602 comes from the Usha brand with light dry iron. This product is included with a PTFE coated sunscreen that does not stick with the sunscreen in any way. This product’s overall body design is appealing and efficient in order to increase user comfort.
The thermostat and the indicator lights for power indications have been added by the manufacturer. A 1-year product guarantee is included in this product.
- Non-stick PTFE coated soleplate for smooth glide and effective ironing.
- Lightweight and cool touch body ensures safe and easy use.
- Thermostat helps in accurate temperature control
- It has low power usage of 1000 watts
6. Crompton Greaves PD Plus 1000-Watt Dry Iron
An acclaimed international company, Crompton Greaves presents a nice-looking and effective iron in the optimum price bracket. It is also known as cheap dry iron.
The 1000 watts dry iron Crompton PD Plus is designed to easily and efficiently iron every type of textile. This iron case comes with a dual non-stick layer that is long-lasting and time-consuming. The whole body of this iron box has high quality, long-lasting plastic.
- Non-stick double layer coating in soleplate gives crisp ironing in one swipe.
- Full plastic body gives good insulation.
- It has an easy grip temperature control dial.
- Ultra light weight ensures easy use.
- 360° swivel cord makes movement easy.
- Warranty of 2 years is provided on product.
- It has low power consumption of just 1000 watts.
7. Havells Era 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This Havells Era iron has its share of fans in the market due to good features at an economical rate. Read the features and specifications of Havells dry iron for clothes.
This new and unique iron box from Havells Era Dry is the ideal solution for the wide ironing needs in your home. The use of iron is very easy and without the worry of the fabric clinging to the iron due to his American heritage coated solap. This iron box is also fitted with a control of the thermostat to help you iron your clothes.
It is supplied with an indicator for easy use, light and temperature control. Its convenient grip makes it very convenient to iron your clothes for a period of time. The above dry iron consists of high-quality PVC, which provides strength and long service life without too much maintenance.
- DuPont registered American heritage non-stick coating gives it a premium look.
- Cotton and silk braided cover insulation of wire prevents easy wearing and tearing.
- Temperature control dial is given to adjust temperature for various fabrics.
- Power consumption is in the optimum level of 1000 watts.
- 360° swivel cord helps in effort less manoeuvring.
- Easy grip fabric selector knob helps in selecting the desired fabric temperature easily.
- Warranty given is of 2 years on the product.
8. Orpat OEI 187 1200-Watt Dry Iron
Orpat is another popular company in manufacturing various electronic products. Its dry iron has a simple heat up and cast into the soleplate technology. The iron has a German grade non-stick coating on its soleplate to give your delicate clothes and their fabric harmless ironing too. It is the best dry iron under 1000.
This extremely easy to use electric dry iron box by Orpat makes it easy to iron clothes at home. Its indigenous design, comfortable grip and easy-to-handle swivel cord allow you not only to easily apply this iron, but also to provide you with the finest linens and textiles.
This iron box has variable temperature control settings for monitoring and maintaining the selected temperature. Its comfortable 180-degree power cord allows you to enjoy easy ironing in any way.
- Non-stick coating German grade soleplate.
- Thermostat to regulate variable temperature.
- Shock Proof body made of plastic.
- Indicator of Strength.
- Silk Braided, 180-degree control swivel cord for quick travel.
- It can reach all areas of clothes.
9. Usha EI 3302 Gold 1100-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron
Elegant design, ultra-lightweight, and powerful performance- all these features define this stunning iron box to get a crip-free attire. The iron is fitted with a DuPont-coated black American Heritage soleplate that guarantees smooth gliding over all forms of fabric.
The iron box also has a 360-degree swivel cable for easy handling. The entire body consists of high-quality plastic to prevent electric shocks. Moreover, it’s super lightweight that doesn’t make your arm and wrist strain. And so you have a fast and easy experience of ironing.
- Elegant style and excellent results.
- Rapid heating.
- Plastic body to stop electrical shocks.
- Line groove under keys, for quick ironing.
- Dual color LED light for power detection (On / Off) and heating (On / Off).
- Snap thermostat for various fabrics with precise temperature regulation.
- Swivel cord 360 degree for quick service.
10. Panasonic Heavy Weight Dry Iron Box
With all the unique and modern features this best heavy dry iron box will be your absolute perfect pick. It is a deluxe automatic heavyweight dry iron that comes with 6 Pounds of pressing capacity.
With 1000 Watts of power and a deluxe metal cover, this one is perfect at eliminating all the toughest wrinkles and creases at one go. A large heat pilot lamp and the thermostatic cotton cord is provided in this automatic iron box. It also features an easy to use 6 temperature settings and an ironing guide for large metal temperatures.
Its adjustable swivel cord facilitates and facilitates ironing. Features such as the Rest By Position Heel, Thumb’s Rest Big Secured Grip, and Button Hole, make it the best iron box there.
- Soleplate non-stick coated.
- Deluxe cover of metal.
- Pilot thermostatic light.
- 6-Settings of temperature.
- Cord swivelling adjustable.
Dry Iron Box Buyer’s Guide
If you still cannot decide on which dry iron to purchase, let us help you. This is our fast purchasing guide, through which you can purchase a dry iron in India. We look forward to the guide helping you decide your best.
This is one of the key factors before purchasing a product. Quality should always be important and should never be affected as long as the durability of every appliance is needed because after all the money you earn is bought.
The price is always a key element in buying a device. The price range for dry iron in India in terms of functions and specifications is 500-2000 Rs. Here we propose a dry iron with all the basic characteristics at an economical cost.
Iron should be lightweight in the general household, so that during ironing it can be handled correctly, except when heavy clothing, such as blazers or jeans, is ironed. The irons are generic in size.
Irons are generally used by all the family members and should, therefore, be easy to use and should not involve complicated management procedures.
Brand & Warranty
There are brands that we are familiar with and that provide high-quality products and services. Brands such as Philips, Morphy Richards, have introduced several models and can be trustworthy with closed eyes, while some brands are not well known offering low prices but are of poor quality. So make the right decision and check guarantee conditions, etc. when you buy one of the best dry iron for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are some FAQs about best clothes iron in India:
Which is India’s Best Dry Iron Box?
Above given is list of ten best dry iron boxes in India along with dry irons reviews for you to pick one from. Your budget, your preferences and the features you need will decide which iron box is best for you. Philips HI114 1000-Watt Golden American Heritage dry iron soleplate, Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Dry Iron Lightweight, and Orient Electric Fabrijoy DIFJ10BP 1000-Watt dry iron are only a few of the best on the list.
How can I get a dry iron clean?
The dry iron soleplate can be washed with a damp cloth and later sometimes with a dry cloth to keep it clean. You need to heat the iron in case of sticking of fabric to the soleplate due to high heating. Press iron on a cotton cloth after heating to help it melt the stuck fabric on the soleplate. Later, it is best to clean with a damp cloth and scrub the stuck fabric with the towel.
How do I decide wattage to buy a dry iron?
Dry irons in the 750 to 1000 wattage range are suitable for household use. Whether you have heavily crease washed clothes from semi-automatic washing machines or heavy fabrics such as denim to iron, go for 1000 wattage and up. Otherwise, there is enough up to 1000 for daily use.
How do I choose dry iron?
Look in your dry iron for sufficient wattage strength, non-stick soleplate, thermostatic controls, swivel cord, lightweight, and aerodynamic design before you purchase.
Steam or Dry Iron – Which one to choose?
Any prospective buyer must first choose whether they want a dry iron or a steam iron. The basic difference is that steam irons have a small, in-built water tank that can be filled with water. The iron will then heat the water and spray it as steam or warm mist via small holes at the base of the iron. This is absent in dry irons.
The biggest advantage of this feature is that steam irons remove wrinkles much better and there is no need to re-iron for a long time. All one needs for dry ironing with a steam iron is turn of the steam feature and you are good to go! However, steam irons are slightly on the costlier side, starting from ₹700 compared to ₹250 for dry irons. Dry irons are also easier to clean due to the smooth soleplate.
Which Soleplate is the Best?
In old days, all irons had a cast iron soleplate, that had uneven heat distribution, often stuck to clothes and burned them, and easily got rusted. The soleplate is the flat portion of the iron used to press the clothes. Aluminium began to be used thereafter but that too had the same problems and only prevented the rusting. But nowadays, a number of different materials are used that eliminate these flaws hugely. Let’s discuss them.
|Made using stainless, inoxidisable steel.||Made by coating a metal plate with a ceramic layer||Made with alloyed titanium||Metal plate coated with non-stick material like teflon, silicone, silverstone, enamelled iron, anodised aluminium, etc.|
|Great conductor of heat||Good conductor of heat||Best conductor of heat||Great conductor of heat|
|Smooth gliding on fabric||Smooth gliding on fabric||Smooth gliding on fabric||Causes some friction while gliding which can scratch the fabric|
|Even transfer and distribution of heat||Even transfer and distribution of heat, but slower||Rapid transfer and distribution of heat||Even transfer and distribution of heat|
|May cause sticking on glue or decal in fabric||No sticking||Rapid heat transfer can cause burning of fabric and sticking if not careful||Never sticks|
|Durable||Ceramic layer wears away with time||Durable||Very durable|
|Easy to clean||Must be cleaned delicately to prolong life||Easy to clean||Easy to clean|
Thus, it is not hard to conclude that Philips is the most sought-after brand in India when it comes to buying irons. It is long-lasting with good features for its price. Bajaj is a close second. Morphy Richards and Usha also do well in this department. It is best to stick to these four when buying cloth irons due to consistently good customer reviews and user-friendly features. (Also check our another article on Best Steam Iron Box in India)
However, one should have a clear idea of the fabrics one most uses and buy accordingly. Delicate fabrics like silk require accurate temperature settings, and heavy fabrics like denim will need high-temperature settings. It is always advised to have a good idea of your own requirements as well as the specifications of prospective options and to make sure they match while being within budget.
If you are still confused which one to select, read how to choose best clothes iron.
All of this is about India’s best dry iron box with all its features, and a buyer’s guide with positive and negative reviews. As a good buyer, it’s also fun to go through the customer feedback and their opinions on the product, as the blog specifically addresses. So, I hope you’re pretty sure about your preference for the best iron box now.
8 thoughts on “Best Dry Iron Box in India – Heavy Weight Irons”
Nice article. According to me, dry irons are more durable than steam iron.
Thankyou. Well steam iron needs maintenance where as dry irons don’t.
I will buy philips iron box.
I have brought panasonic heavy iron. Its just amazing.
Glad to hear 😊
What about panasonic dry iron??Guide me lease..
It also one of the top brands that people choose. Just go with it 🙂