A post about best dishwasher in India for your home in 2019. To keep a kitchen neat and clean is the trait of a person who is organized. The maximum mess that is made around the kitchen, is while washing dishes. The soapy water, at times, spills on the floor, as well as on the sides of the sink. Also, it can be a very tedious task given the fact that it involves the process of rinsing, soaping, and then washing every utensil that has been used for cooking or serving purposes.
The hands also suffer a great deal when dished are hand-washed. This is why, in 1886, an amazing invension occurred, which is now called a dishwasher machine.
Since 1886, there has been a lot of variations in this machine, and now we have the latest, fastest and the most efficient dishwashers in India that are quite a help at homes, restaurants, and even in commercial offices.
In this post, you gonna read India dishwasher review along with buying guide. Also check dishwasher machine price in India.
Further down the article, we will discuss the top 9 dishwashers in India made on the basis of Indian standards of cooking and dining. You can compare dishwashers in India by reading their features.
Select Best Dishwasher in India Based on Usage
#1. For Home
There are a few standards that need to be followed while choosing a dishwasher for your home. The key features are:
- Capacity: The capacity for home isn’t much, which is why, one can go for a 12-place setting dishwasher, which holds 12 sets of cookware and pans
- Efficiency: One does not need a hard-wash, while at home because the pots and pans aren’t large. An efficient system of dishwasher uses less water and electricity, hence is apt for home usage.
- Filter and sensors: The sensors and filters are vital in every dishwasher as this technology is used to sense the extra food particles on the utensil and the filter it, before washing it.
#2. For Restaurants/Hotels
The standards for best dishwasher in India are a bit different for restaurants and hotels. the key features that are required for the same are:
- Capacity: The capacity of the dishwasher needs to be at least 16 pieces due to the quantity of the dishes being large. One may need to place 2-3 dishwashers in case of larger hotel businesses.
- Express Efficiency: This is dedicated to large sized utensils that are normally used in hotels. it makes maximum use of sensors as well as filters so that the cleaning is up to the mark.
- Compatibility with Hard Water: Most of the commercial hotel businesses use hard-water for cleaning purposes. The dishwasher should be bought considering the compatibility with hard-water.
#3. For Commercial Purposes
These dishwashers are used in offices in order to clean small utensils such as cups and plates. The key features of the same are:
- Capacity: The capacity has to be for at least 16 sets, and the business may need one dishwasher in every building, in case there are several buildings that they operate in.
- Rinse Efficient: The filters and sensors do not play a big role here because the utensils are mostly used for coffee/tea/snacks. The dishwasher has to be efficient enough to properly rinse the utensils.
- Efficient use of Electricity and Water: The power, as well as water required in this scenario, is quite less.
Factors to consider while buying Best Dishwasher in India
Some factors that have to be kept in mind before buying a dishwasher in India are:
#1. Usage Capacity
Determining the capacity that it is supposed to be used for solves maximum problems. This way we can figure out what size dishwasher (Utensil Cleaning Machine) are we looking for. There are small dishwashers such as 8 set, 12 sets and then there are larger ones that have 16 set capacity.
#2. Price Filter
Once the capacity is decided upon, one needs to determine its budget. The budget is what further determines the various other features. For instance, the price of a Bosch dishwasher is more than that of a Siemens one. The reason is that Bosch manufactures products that have high-quality sensors, less electricity usage, less water consuming products.
#3. The Electricity and Water Use
There is a certain capacity that a person can use water in India. One cleaning requires 20 liters of water and then there are other dishwashers that may require an even a lesser amount of water. You need to select the one which consumes the least amount of water, electricity and has good sensors.
#4. Design and Color
Dishwashers come in various designs and color. People choose it according to the color of the walls of their homes, the space that they have available, etc. This comes at last because the major features that make a dishwasher the based have already been chosen by you.
What’s Usage Capacity of Dishwashers?
It is better known as a place setting or the number and type of utensils that it can hold. The various place settings are:
- 4-6 place setting capacity
These are also known as small or compact dishwashers. This can fit in a cup, plate, a set of big and small dishes. These are normally used in commercial offices where small utensils are used on a daily basis.
- 12 place setting capacity
Most of the dishwashers in India are of 12 place setting capacity as it consists of the ideal setup. This setting dishwasher consists of place for a dessert plate, cup, saucer, cutlery, dinner plate, one glass, and one soup bowl. It is made according to the Indian style of dining and is best for home use.
- 14-16 place setting capacity
These are huge dishwashers and are as big as 60 cms. A 16-place set can hold at least 150 utensils, big and small combined. Hotels and restaurants, that serve hungry customers everyday use these dishwashers because of the capacity that it has.
What’s the Price Range based on Capacity?
Although the price is determined by a variety of factors such as components included, type of sensors used, etc. below is the price range based on capacity or place setting.
- The cheaper one which is normally 4-6 place settings lies in the range of INR 15,000 to INR 30,000
- The Affordable ones that are 12 places setting lie under the price range of INR 30,000 to INR 45,000
- The expensive ones are the 14-16 place setting dishwashers, that are the best dishwashers in India, lie under the price range of INR 45,000 to INR 65,000
How to Determine the Best Dishwasher in Terms of Electricity Consumption?
Dishwashers in India are rated in grades when it is about electricity consumption.
- Grade B, C, and D
These three grades determine the most amount of electricity usage. Although these grade dishwashers aren’t available anymore, these are the grades that aren’t preferred in terms of electricity consumption while selecting a dishwashing machine.
- Grade A
Most of the dishwashers are of the A grade at least due to the fact that people look for low power consuming appliances. A dishwasher that is labeled A grade means that it has a moderate level of consumption of electricity.
- Grade A+, A++, and A+++
A+ and above grade means that the machine is quite efficient and consumes the lowest amount of energy. 12 place setting dishwashers by Bosch are graded A+ and above. These are the best and suits the need for everyone.
How to Determine the Best Dishwasher for India in Terms of Water Consumption?
- The maximum amount of water that is used by older machines is about 15 gallons or 45 liters
- The minimum is 3 gallons or 9 liters
- The best one uses around 5-6 gallons of water for one cleaning which around 15-18 liters.
The above points have made it clear how to choose the best dishwasher. Further below, we will discuss the top 9 dishwashers in India.
Top 9 Dishwasher Machines in India (9 to 1)
Number 9 – The Elica Dishwasher (WQP12-7605V SS)
Elica is known for its dishwashers as the company never fails to apply the latest technologies in the machine. With new models being released every quarter, this is one of the most reliable companies when you are looking at an affordable dishwasher. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of Elica Dishwasher Machine
- It is a 12-place setting dishwasher
- Has 5 modes of operation, with the keys being soft-touch
- Warranty of the product is for 1 year
- Made of stainless-steel
- Includes all the important components along with dispenser and drain pipe
- Comes in White and Silver Colors
- Best for home use
Dishwasher Price – Affordable
Number 8 – Kaff Dishwasher (KDW BIN 60 INTRA)
Kaff is known for the various models that it produces quarter after quarter. The best dishwashers by Kaff have a maximum of 14-16 place setting. The best part about the machines that they manufacture is that it does not make any noise. Model KDW BIN 60 INTRAby Kaff leaves the dishes sparkly clean and does not make a mess of the place too. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of The Kaff Dishwasher
- The machine has a warranty of two years
- It is compact and made of stainless steel
- Follows filtration system of three stages
- Electricity consumption is quite low
- It comes with a child lock so that children aren’t able to operate it
- Components include of all the essential parts including water softener, and adjustable racks.
- Best for home, hotel as well as for commercial use
Dishwasher Price – Expensive
Number 7 – IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
The VX series by IBF Neptune is a 12-place setting machine that washes dishes quite efficiently. The technology used in the dishwasher bypasses the hard-water by softening it. The best part is that it does not leave any watermarks on the dishes once they are cleaned. One of the most preferred products for household usage as the label defines low electricity consumption by being an A+ grade dishwasher Indian. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
- Uses a maximum of 9 liters of water for one wash
- Uses three modes of operation together, i.e, liquid soap or detergent, rinse, and clean.
- Is compact
- Upper shelf and upper basket along with other amenities
- Led indicators, as well as high-quality sensors
- Consists of water-softening technology
- Come with child lock system
- Low noise and low power consumption
Dishwasher Price – affordable
Number 6 – LG 14 Place Settings Dishwasher (DFB424FP, Platinum Silver)
LG is one of the biggest brands that manufactures household appliances. They build dish washing machine that target the Indian crowd. Their system of navigating the machine is really easy. Model DFB424FP from LG is one of the best products for dishwashing purposes as it holds a good number of utensils and has all the latest technology that a dishwashing machine should be equipped with. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of LG Dishwasher
- Has a 14-place capacity
- Three wash modes, depending on the type of utensil
- Has child lock
- Indicator for refill, error, start, stop
- Has an upper rack with the other amenities
- Low consumption of water and energy
- Looks stylish
- Makes minimum noise
- Best for Hotel industries and larger organizations
Dishwasher Price – Affordable
Number 5 –IFB Neptune FX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
Another durable product by IFB, which is a higher version of the Neptune FX model. It comes with a bigger capacity, quality equipment’s, better looks, and everything else that you would want to get in affordable rates. The best part is that it is equipped with a drying mechanism that dries the utensils after cleaning them. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of IBF Neptune FX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
- It is compact in size
- Has 12 place setting, but with a higher number of utensils that can be placed
- Noise resistant and low electricity consumption (A+)
- 5 modes of cleaning program
- Up to 20 liters of water required
- One wash process takes about an hour
- The mechanism to tackle hard water to soft water
- 2 racks available
- Is completely automatic, with no manual work required
- Is not equipped with a child lock
Dishwasher Price –Affordable
Number 4 – Siemens 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (SN256I01GI, Silver Inox)
Siemens is known for their durability, efficiency, as well as comfort. Being the best in the industry of electrical appliances this model from Siemens can take an entire load of washing dishes on itself. Equipped with the most modern technology, it makes it easier for the user to operate the machine and get the maximum benefit out of the investment. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of Siemens Dishwasher
- Place setting – 12
- One wash takes just 30 minutes
- Follows 3 modes of cleaning
- Has 6 modes of operation
- Sensors for water capacity, load, refill
- Detects the detergent automatically, and it has fully automatic controls
- 2 shelves and 2 upper trays
- Comes in white color and is quite trendy
Dishwasher Price – Affordable
Number 3 – Bosch Dishwasher (SMS40E32EU)
Bosch dishwashers are compatible with the Indian style of dining as well as cooking. In addition to this, the company takes care of its customers in the best way possible by paying attention to even the smallest complaints. Below are the Bosch dishwasher reviews and features. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of The Bosch Dishwasher (SMS40E32EU)
- Has 12 place settings and can wash dishes for up to 5 people in one go
- Is equipped with 6 programs of washing such as mild rinse, hard wash, etc.
- Takes 1 hour for one wash
- Has a warranty of 2 years
- 9 liters of water required for one process
- Low noise and low electricity consumption
- Is equipped with a sample detergent
- The dishwasher is designed to kill 99.99% of the germs, which leaves nothing but hygienic and crystal-clear utensils for you
Dishwasher Price – Affordable
Number 2 – IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
All the three latest models are on the top 9 list of dishwashers. Although the VX model could not make it to the No.1 position the fact that all three versions of the product are on the top 9 categories, makes the company and the machine quite reliable for the majority of people who use dishwashers on a daily basis. This product by IFB has been producing promising products since more than quite a few years and continues to do so. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
- This is a 12-place setting dishwasher
- Water required is 20-22 liters which are a little high
- Is equipped with 8 wash programs
- Adjustable rack, upper trays, with other useful amenities such as wires, etc.
- Uses a metallic filter in order to complete the cleaning properly
- 4 shelves for more holding capacity
- LED display that can be operated quite easily
- Comes with a child lock
- Can wash big as well as small utensils. The program mode can be set in a similar way as the size of the dish
- Uses more energy due to the level of efficiency
Dishwasher Price – Expensive
Number 1 – Bosch 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (SMS66GI01I, Silver Inox)
Dishwashing products from Bosch have always ruled the Indian market. This is why these machines are also known to some of the best dishwashers in India. This model from Bosch is an upgraded version of the one listed on 4th position. They’ve been studying the Indian market for quite a long time now, and have designed various products that match the cost, productivity, and efficiency required by the people of India. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Features of Bosch Dishwasher
- Is equipped with 6 programs such as Auto, Express, Kadhai, Quick, Eco, Sparkle and Pre-rinse
- Han an upper rack, and a lower basket
- Is equipped with a child lock
- Place setting – 12 (Enough to hold utensils used by 6 people)
- Has an option to dry the utensils, as well as extra dry, just in case
- One wash requires a total time of 30 minutes
- Is beneficial for a household
- Noise proof uses low electricity and is durable
- Looks beautiful and stylish due to the compact size
- Uses 20 liters of water for one wash
Dishwasher Price – Affordable
How Does a Dishwasher Work?
In order to answer the above question, we need to know the following:
- Dishwashers, that are made using the international standards of consuming food, are structured differently, which is why it is not preferred in India.
- Best dishwashers in India, for instance, the Bosch dishwasher, matches the Indian standards of dining. It has space for all the Indian cookware that is used while dining.
The work structure of a dishwasher in India is quite simple. Below are a few points that describe the same.
- It has various sections such as the area to place dinner plates, pots, pressure cooker, and other utensils. One just needs to place them in each section accordingly.
- The rinsing salt or the liquid soap is supposed to be added in the dishwasher. Ensuring that the quality of the rinsing salt is good, is also quite important.
- 20-liters of water is required for one process of cleaning the utensils, which takes around 30-35 minutes.
- The dishes are then kept to dry.
Doesn’t this sound really simple? It is easy, quick, and reliable but there’s always a catch.
What’s the Catch?
The catch here is the amount of water that is used. Many Indian refrains from buying a dishwasher due to the following reasons:
- Amount of water it uses
- Indians feel that these machines aren’t too reliable
- The cost of electricity
It’s the basic thinking in those parts in India, where there is a scarcity of water, that these dishwashers waste water to an enormous amount. Also, it is believed that the consumption of electricity is far more than what they pay to the maid.
These beliefs have now been overridden by the modern dishwashers, that consume less electricity, are completely reliable and utilize less amount of water.
Some FAQ’s, Just in Case
Q1. Are these dishwasher machines really effective?
The answer depends on if you are following the above guide to purchasing the dishwasher. If you buy one that meets your standards, then it will prove to be efficient.
Q2. Is it more expensive than keeping a maid?
Well, a maid would generally cost INR 1000-2000 in a month; however, manual labor cannot compete with machine work. Moreover, reducing manual labors in the country, and manufacture of more efficient household appliances, is proof that is more affordable than any manual help. As per stats, including water, electricity, detergent, and maintenance, the total cost is around INR 5000 a month.
Q3. Do dishwashers use more water than in a manual wash?
This is a huge misconception in India that machines wastewater. No, dishwashers do not use more water. In fact, affordable dish washing machines using way less water than we use manually.
Q4. Can you put every type of utensil in the dishwasher?
A user manual is what would guide you in case you want to get an answer to this question. One should look at such features while buying the machine so that they do not regret the purchase later on. Bosch dishwashers support almost all type of utensils, such as big pots, and even small cups.
Q5. Can a Bosch dishwasher clean off hard-stains such as stains from hard spices?
Bosch dishwashers have variable temperature controls. In case you want to wash off hard stains, you can set the temperature to 60 degrees, and it can easily wash off any type of stain on the utensil.
Q6. Is Pre-Rinsing required?
No, it isn’t required. All you need to do is throw the leftovers into the waste bin so that it does not get stuck in the waste pipe. After doing so, place the utensils and start the machine. It will work as per normal.
Q7. Is it hygienic to wash baby bottles in a Bosch dishwasher?
Due to the facility of controlling the temperature, while washing a baby’s utensils, just set the temperature to 70 degrees. This will kill 99.99% of the germs due to the high-temperature level.
It is quite clear that there is a neck to neck competition between Neptune and Bosch when it is about the best dishwasher in India; however, considering the dishwasher price, all the models from Bosch seem quite affordable. Also, the features of Bosch dishwashers match the exact requirements as required in the Indian style of dining.
The Bosch dishwasher model no. SMS66GI01I is an absolute winner, in case you are looking for an affordable and efficient to keep your dishes sparkly clean. It uses the least amount of water and electricity which means you can save a great deal on the water and electricity bill by getting this product. Also, save your hands from the wrath of detergents, and let the machine handle it all.